Visit three castles and a well-preserved village on this adventure through the sights and stories of Outlander.
Places you explore
- Culross - This 16th century village poses as Cranesmuir in Outlander. It also starred in the movies: Captain America: First Avenger and The 39 Steps.
- Doune Castle - In Outlander, it’s the fictional Castle Leoch. And in reality, it’s a stunning castle with a tall gate house, an impressive great hall, and lovely views of the River Teith.
- Linlithgow Palace - This pretty palace is a favourite of ours because of its connection to Mary, Queen of Scots. It’s also known for one of the most intense scenes in the Outlander series…
- Blackness Castle - The tough-looking castle looks like it could fend off an entire empire. And in Outlander, it impersonates Fort William.
- Midhope Castle - Jamie’s family home, Lallybroch, is as lovely as it looks in the show.
There are moments that make your heart pound, scenes that leave you on the edge of your seat, and kisses that cause you to blush.
But no matter how thrilling Outlander is, we think the real-life sites are even more emotive.
This is because visiting the locations lets you step back in time and wander through unchanged, ancient villages. It gives you the chance to gaze up in awe at the mighty walls of a 600-year-old castle. And it allows you to venture through the real battlefields of the Jacobite uprising.
On this tour, your guide takes you through a fantastic array of Outlander sights while telling you all about the history that inspired the famous show.
So, take this time-travelling adventure and discover that the real locations and history are as exciting as the show itself.