The original Game of Thrones tour in Iceland, featuring legendary landmarks found in the hit TV show!
Visit the legendary Icelandic landmarks featured in the hit TV show Game of Thrones on this thoroughly entertaining tour of some truly awe-inspiring locations.
During excursions to various settings, such as the famed “Ice Wall” and those breathtaking places where the "North of the Wall" scenes were filmed, travellers will be captivated by tales of the "Seven Kingdoms" by local guide Jon Thor Benediktsson, who was a guide for the Game of Thrones crew during the filming of the third season. That trip was the second time the Game of Thrones crew had filmed in Iceland, so they knew what to expect.
Find Out More
The crew returned to Iceland in mid January 2017, as parts of season 7 will be filmed there.
Game Of Thrones has brought great magic and adventure to Iceland since it was first released in 2011, whether it be dragons destroying goats, or Iceland’s own Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson playing “The Mountain”.
- Travel to North Iceland to experience the astonishing film locations showcased in Game of Thrones.
- Visit the areas where the Night's Watch men, including Samwell Tarly and Lord Commander Mormont, are attacked by the White Walkers.
- Walk the land that Jon Snow, Ygritte, and the Free Folk cross to reach the Wall.
- Visit the cave where Jon Snow and Ygritte have their first intimate romantic encounter.
- Learn about how the Free Folk, like the ancient Vikings, lived and survived in their harsh environment.
- Go on a best-seller day tour and visit Thingvellir, filming location for Game of Thrones season four, as well as Gullfoss waterfall and the famous Geysir hot spring on an afternoon tour (Or add an extra day and take a full-day tour visiting Game of Thrones sites in South Iceland).
- Take a northern lights hunt from Reykjavik, either by bus or on a jeep
- Try a “northern” northern lights hunt from Akureyri (available September 15 – April 15)
- Add a day in Reykjavik and your own “Wall” experience by climbing an Icelandic glacier. All gear included.
- 2 nights at a hotel in Reykjavik with private facilities, including breakfast (except arrival day)
- 2 nights at a hotel in Akureyri with private facilities, including breakfast
- Round-trip flight Reykjavík-Akureyri (excluding airport tax)
- Guided tour of Game of Thrones locations in North Iceland
- Entry fee to Myvatn Nature Baths