Walk in the footsteps of your favorite Game of Throne characters and explore the filming locations of this gripping drama.
- An R-rated tour for GoT fans, newbies and all nature lovers alike
- Relaxed tour going further inland than many other tours
- The pass to the impregnable Eyrie at Þingvellir National Park
- Sansa and Arya Stark on their separate journeys
- Wildlings invading south of the Wall
- Expert narration with behind-the-scenes stories throughout the tour
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off service for major hotels in Reykjavik
- Round-trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
Find Out More
Originally, the plan was simply to use Icelandic locations for scenes set north of the Wall, in the Frostfangs and at the Fist of the First Men. However, the producers of Game of Thrones fell in love with the incredibly diverse landscapes of this Nordic island, with it’s ice-blue glaciers, black volcancic lava, lush green fields and canyons dividing the Eurasian and North-American plate boundaries that run through Iceland. So, it was decided to come to Iceland for both warm and cold locations, filming in summer and winter as was required.
WHAT WILL I DO?
You will journey to the south of Iceland to find majestic landscape and nature chosen for the scenes of the popular GoT TV series. Get to know the symbolic significance of the setting in context to the plot:
- Drogon the dragon hunts for goats. S4E06
- The Hound and Brienne of Tarth fight for Arya Stark. (only visited during summer season). S4E10
- The Bloody Gate. Lord Baelish (Little Finger) and Sansa Stark on the way to the Eyrie. S4E05
- The Hound and Arya on the same route. S4E08
- Wildlings and Thenns attack what is often called Olly's farm/village. S4E03
The scenes at The Bloody Gate were filmed at Þingvellir National Park, a World Heritage Site where the Viking parliament was established. Various other scenes were filmed in that area, such as:
- Wildlings roaming South of the Wall
- Thenns and Wildlings meet in the canyon, Styr is introduced. S4E01
- After leaving The Hound, Arya on her way to find a ship to Braavos. S4E10
- Walk around the Settlement Era Viking Lodge in Þjórsárdalur valley where elaborate scenes were shot and a particularly hair raising massacre in the series took place.