Set your focus on the north of Iceland and discover a truly special place, known for its diverse, otherworldly landscapes and incredible photo opportunities. This is an official Arctic Coast Way tour!
North Iceland Coastal Charm is an official Arctic Coast Way tour, perfect for exploring Iceland’s first scenic byway! Stay in three amazing areas: Akureyri, the Troll Peninsula and Myvatn. Each area is filled with activities and culture so you can enjoy North Iceland’s brand of outdoor fun, spectacular scenery and local charm just south of the Arctic Circle. Discover amazing places such as Asbyrgi Canyon, the whale watching town of Husavik, history rich Skagafjordur, and scenic Siglufjordur. It’s easy to see why Lonely Planet rated the Arctic Coast Way as a Top European Destination in 2019.
- Want to experience the Arctic Coast Way scenic wonders with a Ring Road itinerary?
- Arriving from Copenhagen? This package is a great fit with Niceair flights to Akureyri!
- Traveling from Germany? Condor Air offers weekly flights from Frankfurt to Akuryeri!
What is The Arctic Coast Way?
The Arctic Coast Way opened in June 2019 as Iceland’s first scenic byway. Lonely Planet chose the Arctic Circle Way as one of its Top 2019 Destinations in Europe. This 900 km (559 mile) route follows the North Atlantic Ocean near the Arctic Circle and is ideal for people who enjoy taking their time while travelling.
- Discover the unforgettable natural wonders and dramatic scenery and charming villages of the Arctic Coast Way scenic byway
- Visit three charming towns, each with its own character and unique activities to enjoy: Husavik, Akureyri and Siglufjordur
- Discover the charming coastal culture of Eyjafjordur, Skagafjordur and the Troll Peninsula with stunning views of the sea and mountains that give you the sense of being on the edge of the earth
- Take amazing photos of impressive natural wonders such as Godafoss, Asbyrgi Canyon, Drangey Island, and the volcanic Lake Myvatn area
Inclusions & Extras
- Accommodation in a standard room for 5 nights
- Icelandic-style breakfast (except arrival day)
- Rental car for 5 days with unlimited mileage, CDW, theft protection and VAT
- Free in-car unlimited Wi-Fi to help you navigate with your personal mobile device
- Car pick up/drop off at Keflavik International Airport
- Authorization for two people to drive the rental car during your trip
- Our unique Iceland Travel App
- Customer care service during office hours
- 24-hour Iceland Travel emergency line assistance while you are in Iceland
- Service fee and taxes
- Breakfast on arrival day
- International airfare
- Airfare to/from Akureyri (bookable through Icelandair or Niceair)
- Hotel nights in Reykjavik (Iceland Travel can help arrange these for you)
- Transfer between accommodation and Hertz car rental on Day 2
- Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Tolls (tunnels, roads and other route tolls), unless specified. More information here.
- Admissions, ski rentals, and activities other than those noted in itinerary
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland starts 14:00 (2:00pm) – 16:00 (4:00pm)
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Any service not specifically listed under “Included”